SNOM Phone Support
This module installs the SNOM IP Phone firmware and general configuration files
Version 1.13.2 - General deployment
Version 1.13.1 - General deployment
- Bugfix: SNOM M9 is now properly provisioned when the DHCP module is installed. (M7097)
Version 1.13.0 - General deployment
- Feature: Potential update impact level 2 : in the event this update contains a bug, it might have critical impact. Respect dependencies and retest your most important callflows and applicative integrations. Added firmware 8.4.31 support for snom 370 (M0)
- Feature: Directory tweaks (M4957)
Version 1.12.0 - General deployment
- Improvement: Added support for snom 300, 320, 360 and 370, 821, 870 for Communication Server 2.0 (M0005235)
Version 1.11.0 - General deployment
- Improvement: Added recovery procedure for snom 300, 320, 360 and 370, 821, 870 (M0004752)
- Improvement: Potential update impact level 2 : in the event this update contains a bug, it might have critical impact. Respect dependencies and retest your most important callflows and applicative integrations. Support firmware 8 for snom 821 and 870
- Improvement: Support remote reboot of the phone for snom 821 and 870
Version 1.10.0 - General deployment
- Improvement: New SNOM firmware 8.4.31
- Bugfix: Loop in HTTP based provisioning when running on the clone of a High-Availability configuration
- Bugfix: Line not cleared up after a unhold followed immediately by a hangup (M0003154)
- Bugfix: Firmware does not get upgraded on baseline 2
Version 1.9.0 - General deployment
- Improvement: Remove old configuration files (M0001576)
- Feature: Support of HTTP provisioning (M0000791)
Version 1.8.0 - General deployment
- Feature: integrate Directory service
Version 1.7.0 - General deployment
- Bug fix: audio in speaker after doing a second call to a busy number (M0002458)
- Bug fix: no busy tone when doing a second call to a busy number (M0002361)
- Improve: Firmware upgrade to 7.3.30
Version 1.6.0 - General deployment
- Bug fix: No DTMF with Snom M3
- Bug fix: Cannot change language with Snom firmware v7+ (requires snom resources v2.0+)
- Bug fix: Conflict with Cisco configuration files
- Improve: Support of more than one extension module
Version 1.5.0 - General deployment
- Bug fix: No DTMF with Snom M3
- Improve: Security settings from Snom 360 and Snom 370
- Improve: Lock the possibility to provide a Setting URL in the Snom 3XX Web interface
Version 1.4.0 - General deployment
- Add firmware for SNOM M3 version 1.22
Version 1.3.0 - General deployment
- Upgrade to firmware version 7.1.35
Version 1.2.0 - General deployment
Version 1.1.0 - General deployment
Version 1.0.0 - General deployment
- Upgrade to firmware version 7.1.30
Module configuration interface
Please consult the Customer DHCP Server configuration guide
for more information about the DHCP options necessary for autoprovisioning of this type of device.
The phones are configured to update automatically when a new firmware is available. With this policy, the phones will regularly question the SOP to know if such a new firmware is available. In order to prevent an undesired update of some phones (when testing a new firware for example), the interval has been set to a year. After a reboot, the phones will question the SOP and install the new version if available.
For Snom 300, 320, 360, 370
- Unplug the phone to turn it off
- Plug the phone to turn it on
- Press a key when you see this message : "To update by TFTP, press any key"
- Enter an IP address for the phone, a TFTP server, a gateway and a netmask
- The phone is now recovering. DO NOT UNPLUG THE PHONE while it is updating
For Snom 821, 870
- Pull the power plug of the phone.
- Press the pound (hash) key.
- Reconnect the phone’s power while keeping the pound key pressed.
- Continue to press the pound key until the display shows the question: "Rescue mode?"
- Press 2 for Recovery via Network
- Type in a valid phoneIP address and press ok.
- Type in a valid Netmask address and press ok.
- Type in a valid Gateway address and press ok.
- Type the TFTP server IP address and press ok.
- The phone should now show this display:
- "Rescue Mode
- Press 3 on the alphanumeric keypad to select the TFTP protocol.