This module add the net.Mobile software on your net.PBX system. net.Mobile is a J2ME application allowing to manage user status and to synchronize buddies, contacts and calendar entries in J2ME mobile phones and wifi pda.
Version 1.5.0 - Deprecated
- Improvement: Midlet and midlet suite renamed to net.Mobile (M0)
- Deprecated: Module was rejected by or has not been validated by our quality assurance department. (M5733)
- netDesktop >= 2.10
- SOP API >= 2.22
Module configuration interface
Module installation and configuration
- netDesktop module version 2.10+ must be installed on the SOP
- SOP API version 2.22+ must be installed on the SOP for the 'Colleagues' buddy list use
Ip adress has to be correctly defined in the server configuration (Menu Advanced > System management > Server Configuration > IP Address)
Escaux net.Mobile module won't work on an openvz virtual sop (because IP adress is not available in the same way).
Escaux net.Mobile is a Unified Communication client running on J2ME platforms like Wi-Fi enabled PDA and Smartphones featuring:
- Presence management through User Status (Office, Telework, ...) management,
- Corporate Directory and Buddy List management.
Escaux net.Mobile works in 2 modes:
- On-line mode: connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Off-line mode: connected to the GSM network.
Escaux net.Mobile has been tested on the following platforms:
Escaux net.Mobile Nokia E51 installation procedure
- Uninstall any net.Mobile previous version if exists (to guarantee database consistency) (How?)
- Open your mobile phone internet browser and clear cache to avoid installing an old version of the application (E51 browser : Options > Clear confidential data > Clear cache)
- Use your mobile phone internet browser to go to the url : http://[sop_ip]/nm/ (Is this sop_ip)
- Click 'Download' when you see 'Download the Escaux net.Mobile application.'
- Select 'Yes' when the mobile asks for downloading and installing the application
- Select 'Continue' if a security warning is displayed
- When finished you can close your mobile phone internet browser
- When details of the application are displayed please control the version number and select 'Continue' if it is the good one. Last build is 0.7.84. If it is not the good version, cancel the installation then clear your browser cache then browse again the net.Mobile url and follow again the installation process
Escaux net.Mobile Nokia E51 configuration procedure
- Access point and application rights configuration
- On Nokia E51 click Menu > Installations > Application manager (App. mgr.)
- select 'net.Mobile' (at the end of the list) and then open
- select 'Access point'
- select your office access point (allowing to join the used sop) and then ok
- For "Network acces" please choose "Always allowed"
- For "Read user data" please choose "Always allowed"
- Frontpage shortcut icon configuration
- On Nokia E51 browse Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Personalisation > Standby mode > Active standby applications
- Choose the shortcut position between "Shortcut 1" and "Shortcut 6", 1 for the left side, 6 for de right side
- Select the shortcut and use the scrollbar to browse all the applications installed on the phone
- Select net.Mobile
- Choose back to exit the menu
- Starting the application
- Select the shortcut or (on Nokia E51) click Menu > Installations
- Move to net.Mobile with the cursor
- Select it
- Note: if you don't have permanently associated your office access point with the net.Mobile application please select the access point you want to use, for example your business wifi access point. Be carreful, without having permanently associated the application with your office access point the application won't correctly switch between online and offline mode
- Configuring the application after first start
- Encode your email used to connect to netDesktop
- Encode your password used to connect to netDesktop (please be careful to check every password letter added while encoding). Knowing your email and password will allow the application to load your extension, profile, status and selected status from the sop
- When the credentials are correct the application automatically switch to the status screen, displaying the status defined for your profile with your current status selected
Use the application in online mode
- By 'online mode' we mean the mobile phone is connected to the sop via wifi modification is also immediately propagated to the mobile phone
- To change your status please select the Status menu entry and select the whished status
- To call a buddy please select the Contacts menu entry, select one contact to show its attributes and select again, the corresponding extension is called if available, and if not, its external number if available, and if not, its mobile phone number if available (cascading call). Accept the call and choose "Internet call".
- The configuration screen is available via the Configure menu entry. Your extension, your profile and your sop host are displayed (but not modifiable)
- When you hide the application the native phone screen is back but the application is still working in background, automatically synchronizing your status and alerting you when leaving wifi (for status change for example). If you use the Exit menu entry you really leave the application and the synchronization with the sop is lost
Use the application in offline mode
- When loosing the wifi connexion the application automatically switch into offline mode
- In offline mode, if external numbers have been defined on the sop for status change, the application shows only the status which can be modified via external numbers
- If no one external number has been defined on the sop for status change, the application doesn't show any status until the wifi network is again available
- To avoid the application asking the access point when loosing the wifi network please see section 'To permanently associate the application with your office access point'
- To be able to use external numbers defined on the sop for status change, all the extensions used as external number destination must have those caracteristics :
- The first name contains the 'MobileStatus' string
- The last name is 'Profile.Status' well formed
- The home number contains the external number with format 00[int_code][external_number] (ex: 003222151234 ; known redundancy with the real external number value)
- To change your status please select the whished status, the application will ask you to confirm the external number call and you will have to chose "Voice call"
- To call a buddy please select the Contacts menu entry, select one contact to show its attributes and select again, the corresponding external number is called if available, and if not, its mobile phone number if available (cascading call). Accept the call and choose "Voice call".