PRI Usage (ZPU1)
This probe reports for one PRI ("span") the alarm state (RED, YELLOW,...), the number of usable channels and the number of channels in use at the moment.
Version 1.2.0 - Early deployment
Version 1.1 - General deployment
- Improvement: Probe will not be executed anymore on the SOP when it is not defined on the SMP (M6425)
- SNMP Agent module v3.0.0 or higher
Version 1.0 - General deployment
- Improvement: monitored under svc host instead of physical sop
- Initial version
Resource configuration interface
- PRI number (SPAN): the SPAN number of the PRI.
This probe generates a graph with following performance metrics:
- Total: the total number of channels in the PRI. This is a constant value.
- Used: the number of channels currently in use.
- Free: the number of channels currently available.
This probe can report following alarm states:
- CRITICAL: any of the following conditions hold:
- the PRI is down. More precisely, it reports a RED, YELLOW or BLUE alarm.
- the PRI has zero usable channels (misconfiguration?).
- all the channels are in use.
(no root-causes are documented yet)
A PRI that is down has following consequences:
- all calls routed over the PRI are interrupted. No new calls can be set up using it.
Following actions may be taken in response to a span (PRI) that is down:
- verify cabling.
- verify the equipment at the other end (possibly at your telecom operator).