SMPP Server (SPM1)
This probe verifies that the SMPP Server process is running and check number of SMS are sent per second. It simply checks that the process response to HTTP administration service and compare outbound message average with a threshold.
Version 1.0.0 - General deployment
- Feature: First release of SMPP Server Probe, check inbound/outbound SMS average (M10309)
Resource configuration interface
- Outbound SMS threshold: The maximum number of outbound messages per second before generating a critical alarm
- Queued messages threshold: The maximum number of queued message before generating a critical alarm.
If the number of outbound message per second has been limited in the SMPP module configuration, the second threshold is more relevant than the first one.
- Inbound SMS: Number of inbound messages per second
- Outbound SMS: Number of outbound message per second
This probe can report following alarm states:
- OK: No threshold has been reached
- CRITICAL: One of the threshold has been reached
- Connection issue with the SMS-C
- SMS-C or SMPP module throughput too low
- SMS are arriving with delay
- SMS can be lost
- Check the SMPP connection status via the SOP Shell
- Send a test SMS
- Check the SMS-C connection