net.Desktop X300 (WCE3)
Version 1.6 - General deployment
Version 1.5 - General deployment
- Feature: Caller ID customization (M0004281)
- Feature: Pickup timeout can be defined in resource (M0003193)
Version 1.4 - General deployment
- Feature: Outlook sync disable contacts in resource that are not marked as address book (M0004281)
Version 1.3 - General deployment
- Feature: make log level configurable in the resource for net.Desktop (M0004405)
Version 1.2 - General deployment
- Feature: net.Desktop Windows 7 support (M0003749)
- Feature: Auto-login robustness improvement (M0003779)
- Improvement: Improving Alt-Q behavior (M0003929)
Version 1.1 - Deprecated
- Auto-sync on startup option added
- Feature: synchronize at startup, adding 'ask' option
Version 1.0 - General deployment
Version 0.0 - General deployment
- Auto-sync on startup option added
Resource configuration interface
Resource configuration parameters
- Description: it can be usefull to insert there the email address of the user account associated to this net.Desktop account
- Popup Escaux UCS contact on incoming call: if set to yes, the net.Desktop will perform a reverse lookup in the Escaux UCS contacts database and display the caller's number and name automatically on each new incoming call
- Application tabs: this allows the administrator to define default web pages to be visible to the users (for example the corporate intranet). Use a URL format, beginning with http:// or https://.
- Short name configuration: you can configure how the search engine should interpret your search requests ( currently not implemented)
- first name prefix length : please enter the number of letters that will be interpreted as being part of the first name
- last name prefix length : please enter the number of letters that will be interpreted as being part of the last name
- separator : define the separator character between the first and last name prefix
- Example : if you want to search Mickey Mouse by entering "mic mo", please use the following parameters :
- Short name: first name prefix length : 3
- Short name: last name prefix length : 2
- Short name: separator : single space
- Dial Parameters - Prefixes:
- Pabx: enter the prefix to make a national call (usually 0)
- International : enter the prefix to make an international call (usually 00)
- Country code : the country code (32 = Belgium, 33 = France, ...)
- National: enter the prefix used to dial a number in the same country as you are dialing (e.g. 0 = Belgium, N/A = Luxembourg).
For example, to dial a number in Luxembourg from Belgium we would use 0 00 352 4xxxx. A full international number is the pabx prefix (0) + international prefix (00) + country code (352) + area code + phone number. Dialing the same number from Luxembourg, the number would be 0 4xxxx. Which is composed of the pabx prefix (0) + national prefix (N/A) + area code + phone number.
Note: In order to parse well any phone number write it, always, like this (specially those coming from Outlook data source): "+countrycode areacode phonenumber", special characters are permitted but always add a '+' sign preceding the country code (e.g. +32 2xxxxxxx is the same as +322xxxxxxx and +32 2xxx-xxxx, +352 4xx xx is the same as +3524xx.xx and +352/4xx-xx).
Avoid adding the national prefix in your phone number (e.g. +44(0)20 xxxx xxxx will be wrong parsed, +44 20 xxxx xxxx is correct).
- Data Sources
- Outlook: if set to 'yes' the net.Desktop directory will also search for contacts in your local Microsoft Outlook Contacts.
- Popup Outlook contact on incoming call: if set to yes, the net.Desktop will perform a reverse lookup in the user's Outlook contacts database and display the caller's number and name automatically on each new incoming call
- Auto-sync on login: choose the synchronisation you want to have at start-up by selecting one of the following from the drop down menu: Yes, Ask, No
- Select Yes to have a synchronisation after start-up.
- Select Ask to have the synchronisation screen and be able to change the synchronisation settings
- Select No if you do not want to synchronise after start-up
- Keyboard presence: net.Desktop can be used to detect a user's keyboard presence
- Away timer : a good default value is 300, this means other users wil see you as 'Away' after 300 seconds
- Extended away timer : a good default value is 1800, this means other users wil see you as 'Extended Away' after 1800 seconds
- Caller ID display (CN, CI, DN): The net.Desktop will use this string in order to customize the information displayed in popup notification/UCW title/media tab. Specific strings will be replaced by a variable content. If left blank, the default is
- DN will be replaced by the last known caller name.
- CN will be replaced by the last known caller number.
- CI will be replaced by the first name and last name as found in the contact database.
- Pickup timeout: Time to wait in seconds until the popup for pickup appears.
- Logging Configuration:
- This parameter gives the possibility to modify the logging behaviour by overriding the Log4j configuration
- Log4j configuration example:
log4j.appender.Roller.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %-20.20c %-5p %m [%t]%n