- PRI number (SPAN): the SPAN number of the PRI.
This probe generates a graph with following performance metrics:
- Total: the total number of channels in the PRI. This is a constant value.
- Used: the number of channels currently in use.
- Free: the number of channels currently available.
This probe can report following alarm states:
- CRITICAL: any of the following conditions hold:
- the PRI is down. More precisely, it reports a RED, YELLOW or BLUE alarm.
- the PRI has zero usable channels (misconfiguration?).
- all the channels are in use.
(no root-causes are documented yet)
A PRI that is down has following consequences:
- all calls routed over the PRI are interrupted. No new calls can be set up using it.
Following actions may be taken in response to a span (PRI) that is down:
- verify cabling.
- verify the equipment at the other end (possibly at your telecom operator).